We’re approaching that time of year when everyone’s buzzing about their New Year’s resolutions. In order to make one that you can truly stick with all year round, be sure to frame it as a S.M.A.R.T. goal!
- Specific: don’t just say you want to be a better runner, say “I want to be able to run a 5k by April 1.” Having a specific goal gives you a better marker to work toward.
- Measurable: a specific goal is also measurable. It’s easier to mark your progress and know if your goal has been achieved.
- Achievable: make sure you have the resources necessary to attain your goal. If your goal is fitness do you have access to a gym or trainer? If your goal is about retirement, do you have a financial adviser you can consult?
- Realistic: choose goals that are possible for you–and healthy! This will keep you from getting discouraged or even giving up.
- Time-related: Set yourself a time-frame to better keep track of your progress. Set incremental goals to keep you motivated, too!
By following these tips, you can set yourself up for success with your 2017 New Year’s resolution.
From our Av-Family to yours, Happy New Year!!!